Las Palmitas Fruit is the perfect spot to get your fix of delicious elotes near Bell, CA.
Elotes are a Mexican street food made of grilled corn on the cob that is slathered with a creamy mixture of mayonnaise, chili powder, lime juice and Cotija cheese.
And they’re even better when they’re made with fresh, local ingredients.
We only use the freshest corn, and we make our elotes to order so they’re always piping hot and delicious.
Plus, our prices are unbeatable.
So next time you’re in the mood for a tasty treat, head to Las Palmitas Fruit and try our famous elotes.
What are elotes? How are they made?
Elotes are a traditional Mexican street food made from grilled corn on the cob. The word elote comes from the Nahuatl word ālōtl, which means “corn on the cob.”
Elotes were first mentioned in Aztec texts dating back to the 16th century, making them one of the oldest recorded street foods in Mexico.
Today, elotes are enjoyed all over the country and have even become popular in other parts of Latin America.
Making elotes is a simple process, but it requires precise timing in order to get the perfect balance of flavor.
- The corn is grilled until it is slightly charred.
- The kernels are then brushed with a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, and chili powder.
- The corn is rolled in cotija cheese and then sprinkled with lime juice.
- The final step is to skewer the corn on a wooden stick and serve it immediately.
In recent years, elotes have also gained popularity in the United States, especially in cities with large Mexican populations.
Thanks to their delicious flavor and easy-to-make nature, elotes are sure to continue gaining popularity in the years to come.
What makes Las Palmitas Fruit’s elotes so special?
We are so excited to be able to offer our delicious Mexican food all year round! Our elotes are made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
Our traditional elotes are made with fresh corn, mayonnaise, cotija cheese, chili powder, and lime juice. They are simple and classic, and always a hit!
They are sweet and savory and a little bit unexpected. That’s why you can choose our two options:
- Roasted elotes: Our roasted elotes are oven-baked until they are tender and juicy. They are then topped with a creamy sauce, cotija cheese, chili powder, and lime juice.
- Cooked elotes: Our cooked elotes are boiled until they are tender and then grilled. Then, they are topped.
Both of our elote options are delicious and sure to please any crowd.
So whether you’re looking for something classic or something new, you can try the best flavors of our elotes.
What are the benefits of eating elotes?
Elotes are a Mexican street food typically made with grilled corn on the cob that is slathered in butter, mayonnaise, cheese, and chili powder.
While this may not sound like the healthiest dish, elotes actually offer a number of benefits.
- Corn is a good source of fiber, which can help to regulate digestion.
- The fat in the butter and mayonnaise helps the body to better absorb the nutrients in the corn.
- The chili powder adds a boost of antioxidants and vitamins A and C.
So not only are elotes delicious, but they’re also good for you!
Are you looking for a tasty treat that’s also healthy? Try our best elotes!
Las Palmitas Fruit is a local stand that is well-known for their delicious elotes in California.
Our elotes are made with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and prepared with care. We only use the finest Mexican cheeses, spices, and creams to create a flavor that is truly unique.
The result is a savory and sweet treat that is sure to please any palate.
In addition to our delicious elotes, we also offer a variety of other Mexican snacks and meals such as raspados, tortas, nachos, and more!
Come to 4214 E Florence Ave, Bell, CA 90201, United States. and see what we have to offer between 6:00am and 9:00pm.
If you want to make an order, call us at (323) 773-9963
So whether you’re in the mood for a snack or a full meal, Las Palmitas Fruit is the perfect place to go.